September 15, 2011

Changes in the Nursery

Our two year old is still sleeping in the crib in the nursery at our house.  After a short stint in a "big boy bed" we reverted back to the crib and its been best for his sleep (and ours!).  The room is pretty gender neutral and babyish, but with the move coming up so soon, there won't be any changes until we are well-settled in the "yellow house".  

Here is the room BEFORE, as you may remember from this little house tour:
Most of the room stayed the same, I just changed some wall decor...

 This wall above the crib used to have the wooden sign above it, but nothing else and for years, 
it has been begging for more attention.

 I moved the wooden sign and the letters over to the wall with the canvases.  
I like the look of these three elements together over the bookshelf.

 Then I gathered up frames and other decor from the house to create a gallery wall above the crib.  The embroidery hoops are so fun and easy!  I got the hoops (a set of 5) at a thrift store for only $0.80!  Then I just traced the hoop on fabric I had left over from other projects and inserted into the hoop!  So easy to make, change, and so cheap.  The hoops has been living downstairs in the hall by our laundry room, but I realized the colors would work in the nursery, so the moved.

The wall also included some newborn photos, some other special art, and a card I framed from his baptism.

I laid the objects out on the floor how I wanted to hang them and then just went for it!

Here is the finished product.  Much better!

My other project cost me $3 in this room.  I found a shower curtain I liked at a garage sale down the street but mostly just liked the pattern, so I cut it and recovered the lamp in the nursery.  I also have plans to make a little pillow for the rocking chair out of the same shower curtain.

BEFORE

AFTER

No comments: