January 26, 2011

Favorites - Sunscreen

 Since we just spent a week in the hot hot sun, I thought I would share my favorite sunscreens.  We've been taking this yearly trip to Mexico (courtesy of my parents) for many years.  So, we've tried lots of sunscreen.  I keep the kids in long swim shorts, swim shirts/UV shirts, and sun hats, so they are not too exposed.  But for the parts of them that see the sun, I am a crazy mama when it comes to keeping the kids covered in SPF so I have some strong opinions of sun products.

All my favorite sunscreens are now Neutrogena sun products.  For myself, I love the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 30.  I even use it right on my face.  It feels weightless and totally non-greasy.  For a week, I need a couple tubes of this.  I keep it on hand and use it all summer for myself, too.


For my kids, I love two of the Neutrogena products.  The Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Stick SPF 60 for their faces and sometimes their hands and feet.  The stick makes application easy and the consistency spreads evenly around their little noses, ears, and mouth.  I cover their foreheads, cheeks, ears, noses, chin - being careful to leave eyes and lips alone.  



My second favorite for kids is the Waterguard Kids Sunblock Mist SPF 70.  This product covers evenly, sprays with ease and no mess, and is quick to apply!  I cover hands, feet, legs, back of neck and any other exposed areas with this sunscreen.  I am always careful to keep the spray away from their faces.  I even use it sometimes when I feel I need the extra protection.


I noticed that Neutrogena now even has sunscreen you can apply to wet bodies - right out of the pool!  I'll be trying that next time around.  For a week in the sun, I need about 2-3 bottles of the spray.  Spray sunscreen goes fast, so you need more than you think!


I have some kids' swim gear and sun gear that I love, so I'll share that at another time, too!


No comments: