January 24, 2011

Vacation in the Sun

Images from Dream Art Photography
We got to spend last week in Mexico (aka "paradise").  My whole family was there and it was glorious.  We slept, laughed, played, read, sunned, etc.  It was a much needed vacation for our family.  Last October, my kids and I went to Mexico with my parents.  This time, everyone came along!  My oldest boy kept saying "Daddy, we didn't forget you this time!".  It was glorious for many reasons:

1. beautiful sunshine and warmth everyday without fail
2. time with my family (we are close)
3. a chance to splash, play, and rest with our kids
4. a needed break for my hard working and resilient husband
5. finding joy again.

Yes, glorious is the right word for all of those things.  The not-so-glorious part is returning to the valley to majorly-sub-zero temps.  EEK!

We had a chance to get some spectacular photos taken on the beach one evening.  Thanks to Ana at Dream Art for spending time with us to capture some special moments.

Our boys being boys on the shore.

This is us.  It took a couple days of vacation before we really became "US" again.  We've been through a lot recently, but this JOY, this childlike playfulness...that is the REAL "us".  Thank goodness we had a chance to find US again.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! Amazing what a vacation away from everything can do for you, isnt it? We had a great time with you guys! Love you!

Meredith said...

How fun!!! I'm glad you guys got away for a bit!!

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation! How nice to go on vacation with your whole family.
Love the pictures too!

Alicia said...

I love your whole family picture with the reflection in the water-- that is SO cool! Glad you had a nice vacation... fun family times:)