December 6, 2010

(Un)Crafty - Starburst Mirror

You have seen starburst style mirrors everywhere.  They are cool.  And usually expensive.  I saw this tutorial on Honey We're Home how to make my own and I thought it was worth a try.  I used chopsticks (available at party supply stores...or your favorite take-out restaurant), bamboo skewers, a cheap 5" circle mirror from JoAnn's, a hot glue gun and metallic silver spray paint.  It was so simple!  I think the whole project only took about 30 minutes from start to finish.  The mirror ended up being pretty big, so I didn't have a place for it, but it was perfect for my mom's bathroom, so she has it hanging in there!  I encourage you to try this project for yourself or for a gift!  Visit the tutorial for steps to follow!





6 comments:

Meredith said...

Woooaaa!! You say you're not crafty!?? That is crazy talk. I'm loving this idea, it would make such a good Christmas gift too!!

Jill said...

thanks, mere! i can totally see you making these for gifts! :) go for it!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Love it! I remember seeing this on HWH...you did a great job!

Link this up at Creative Juice! Hope to see you there...

<3
nicolette @

http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-3.html

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

This turned out super cute! I like this one a lot! How inventive. :)

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Thanks for linking up!

This mirror is gorgeous...

molliehogan said...

You MADE that mirror??!?!?!? i have seen it at your place and thought, so cute. you are amazing.