December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve (for kids)!

If you're reading this and thinking that you haven't done anything for your little family to celebrate New Year's Eve...its not too late!  I made up a couple quick things for us to enjoy with our kids tonight before midnight, of course.  


I whipped up some cupcakes (total time: 30 minutes - 10 prep, 20 to bake), let them cool, frosted, and garnished with sprinkles (my kids' favorite!).

Find these quick to print cupcake toppers here!

I just taped a itty bitty fork from my cupboard onto the backs of these toppers.  The kids will help stick the rest of the toppers in the cupcakes when they wake up from their naps.

I made these celebration hats (total time: 10 minutes) for the kids to wear while we eat and party!  This idea is from Mommyapolis and the quick tutorial can be found here.  She made her hats for 4th of July last year, but I thought they were perfect for any celebration!  The kids decorated with stickers (well, mostly I did the stickers because they lost interest).

There you have it.  A super quick, thrown together little New Year's Eve for kids.  You can do it, too!  We'll add a little take-and-bake pizza and a dance party and the night will be loads of fun!

Happy New Year, Mamas!


1 comment:

Jami Nato said...

super cute! i just said...hey guys, the year changes today. that's as far as i went with involving the kids in new years. LOL