February 4, 2011

(Un)Crafty - Easy Notebooks

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I wanted to make something unexpensive, but cute for my big boy's preschool teachers.  This is just the thing!  I made boring old notebooks into cute.  I will pair them with cute pencils or pens and a little bit of something sweet.  Voila!


Supplies you will need:
1. scrapbook paper of your choice
2. mini-legal size notepads
3. paper glue (or probably any old glue would work just fine!)
4. scissor or paper cutter

I found these notebooks (a set of 6) at Wal-Mart.  They were so cheap!

I measured the binding of the notebook and cut cute scrapbook paper to fit.

My choice of paper glue for all of my paper crafts is this Zip Dry Paper Glue.  It dries fast with no bubbles or waves in the paper.  I found it at Michaels.

Here's the finished product.  It was so fast and easy that I wished I had more so I could keep on going.  Total time: about 5 minutes.  No kidding.  No creativity needed!  

Since I had lots more paper and about another 5 minutes until the kids finished their snack, I decided to keep on crafting...

I cut more strips of paper (1inch) and stapled the ends to make hearts.

Then I took some clear thread and hung them over the dining table for a little Love Day decor.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Very cute idea, thanks for sharing!

Amie
coffeecakescrazies.blogspot.com

Deana said...

What a fun, easy idea! I'm always looking for gifts for teachers. I think this is a fabulous idea. Thanks so much for sharing!

-Deana @ countrybymarriage.com

molliehogan said...

seriously those are SO cute. i need a new notebook for work, i just might have to do this!! and i LOVE LOVE the hearts! such a simple a cute way to decorate for V-day!