September 14, 2010

Bedroom Makeover - $20

Ever since we registered for wedding gifts (over seven years ago!), I have wanted a white cotton duvet cover for our bedroom.  During the overwhelming process of registering for our gifts, I gave in to my husband (then, fiance) when he thought it would look a little too "boring and plain".  Blah, blah, blah.

So, we have spent seven years with a dark duvet cover that isn't all bad, but we're I'm sick of it.  But, in case I haven't mentioned it before, our discretionary dollars are, like ZERO dollars per month.  Almost.  So, when I found this steal-of-a-deal white cotton duvet set (Yep, I said "set";  as in duvet cover and two standard shams!) at Target for only.....

drumroll, please....

$19.99!

Ta-da!  The white cotton duvet cover I have always (well, seven-years-always) wanted.  For a price I can afford.  Are you kidding?  My lucky day, I guess.  The quality is great - the duvet and pillows don't show through the white and its super soft, clean, and fresh!

Now we feel like we sleep at a super-celeb spa...or at least at the Sheraton.  We had the green coverlet set from a couple years before (Target clearance) and it keeps our decor tied in with the new white duvet set.
[More big projects to come in this bedroom...will share when complete!]

There were a couple other colors of this set available.  Do you have a guest room to furnish?  Need a fresh new look for your duvet?  At $20, you can't go wrong!  Happy decorating!


No comments: