September 23, 2010

(Un)Crafty - Jewelry Organizer

As I just mentioned earlier this week, I love accessories.  While I don't have too many to choose from, I still like to have them organized so I can see what my choices are.  My little jewelry box doesn't hold the chunky necklaces of late, so I knew I needed to do something else to hold them.  I stumbled upon this jewelry organizer that I love.  Alissa at 33 Shades of Green has quickly become an inspiration to me.  Just browse the "Popular Projects" along her sidebar and you too will be inspired.  I want to copy all her projects...maybe someday!  For now, I've created this jewelry organizer...



Supplies:
1. corkboard or bulletin board (mine was an old one that was in bad shape and just lying around)
2. fabric (if desired to cover cork)
3. upholstery nails or thumb tacks (I've found the best selection at Menards)
4. T-pins

To make:
I ironed the fabric and cut to size.  Then I folded it tightly around the edges and stapled in the back.  I pushed upholstery nails in around the inside of the bulletin board frame.  Then I inserted T-pins to hang jewelry.

Easy!

I personally like Alissa's project better, but I used the supplies I had at home to create this, which was also inspired by the bulletin board in her craft room.  Like I said - I'm in love with all her projects (I wasn't kidding!).

Do you have a jewelry organizing solution?  I'd love to see it!

2 comments:

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

I know this is really late, but I just wanted to thank you for your sweet words about my blog! And I think your jewelry organizer looks great!!!

Jewelry Boise Idaho said...

Great blog post!!! Thanks so much for spreading the word. I need to post it on my blog too!