September 6, 2010

My Magic Cleaner

On this lovely American Holiday, I cleaned.  Yep.  And not just cleaned....cleaned my bathrooms.  What a nice way to celebrate, right?!  Well, who are we kidding: moms don't get holidays...am I right, mamas?

As I was cleaning, clutching my lovely spray bottle (from the Dollar Tree) and my Mr. Clean Eraser sponge with my yellow-glove laden hands, I decided I should share my magic cleaner recipe with all of you!

This recipe was given to my years ago when I wanted to get rid of harsh cleaners in my home and start making some of my own cleaners.  Since then, I have seen the recipe posted in newspaper and magazine articles, so apparently more people than just me are loving it.

So, get ready...its tricky...

Magic Cleaner
1 part Original Formula Blue DAWN Dishsoap
2 parts white distilled vinegar

Phew...did you get all that?


So simple, right?!  It's what I use to clean everything in my bathrooms.  Everything.  Bathtub (that's where the Mr. Clean Eraser comes in handy - cuts that soap scum like nothin'!), toilet (along with a couple tablets of Alka-Seltzer), and sink.

I also read that some people use the solution as a spot remover, but I have not tried that yet.  I decided to call it "Magic Cleaner", since its like magic to me.  Cutting down on cleaning supplies, making my bathroom quicker to clean, and keeping my home fresh is magic enough for me.

My method is just to grab my cheapo spray bottle and fill 1/3 of the way up with DAWN (only the blue kind will work!), then fill the rest of the 2/3 with vinegar.  Then I shake it up a little and VOILA!  You are set!  Say goodbye to any other cleaner...you will love this one.

Happy Labor Day, Mamas!

*As with any cleaner, test before using on any new surface and keep away from children and pets.

No comments: