February 17, 2011

Little House Tour

I'm a little surprised that I'm doing this, but I thought I would give you a little house tour.  Now, I'd like to mention that I'm not so delusional that I really think you care about seeing my house.  Nor am I so delusional that I really think our house is that great.  There, I said it.

A couple weeks ago, we showed our house to an interested buyer.  The kicker is that our house is not for sale...yet.  At some point, we can see ourselves moving to another home - which is why we jumped at the chance to show our house when someone asked to see it.  We just thought "what do we have to lose?" and "maybe this could be the start of something".  Alas...it wasn't really the start of anything because the buyer said that though they really liked the house, they are looking for new space.  And, the only thing I had to lost was my sanity for 24 hours while I cleaned up the house like crazy on a day's notice.

I had the foresight to take some photos before the showing...just in case.  (In case what??  I really don't know...I guess I just thought after all that cleaning and organizing in a short period of time, I should have photos to prove that the house looked good.)

So...here goes...

Living Room

Kitchen and Dining Area

Dining Area

Upstairs Bathroom (could use a little something...don't you think?!)

Big Boy Bedroom

Little Boy Bedroom

Our Bedroom (eekkk...a little cluttered looking.)

Downstairs Bathroom (yikes...my bathrooms are so stark looking.)

Play Area

Family Room (can you see the vacuum cord???!)

Ta-da!  That's all folks.  No photos of the laundry because though it was somewhat picked up, that reveal is for another day.  And, good thing I took the photos because about 30 minutes after we arrived home after the showing, the house was a disaster area.  Again.  So is life...as a mama.

No comments: