January 6, 2011

Tried and True Favorites

Here are a few of our favorite new toys after Christmas.  These are tried and true as they've been consistently loved and played with over the last two weeks!  Great toys worth sharing!

This is a new favorite for our preschooler.
Geo Shape Tack Zap by HABA
This is a great one-on-one activity.  For us, while the little boy sleeps, we can make new geometric shapes and pictures.  I help position the small tac and hold it while my 3 year old hammers away.  I love the quality and durability of the cork, shapes, and tacks.  Developmentally, this is a perfect toy for us right now!

Fun for the whole family:
UNO Moo Farm Animal Matching Game
Our whole family is loving this new game and we played it the whole of New Year's Weekend!  We can't get enough!  This is our favorite game for preschoolers so far.  Our 3 year old can understand and follow this simple game with ease.  Simply match either the color or animal to the one in the barn door.  Great for learning colors, animals, sounds - and that makes our 18 month old love this game too!  We received two of these games at Christmas and I can see why!  Its a hit!

Music Makers!
B. Parum Pum Pum Drum
There isn't really anything at this house that we love more than music.  Our kiddos love to dance, sing, shout, and create music all day long.  That is why I knew we should ask for a drum for Christmas (maybe a little bit of a crazy request now that I realize just how hard a 3 year old can hit a plastic drum!). We also receive two of these and I haven't decided yet if we will keep both or stock just one of these cute ensembles at our house.  This amazing, adorable brand of B. toys is available at Target and I'm so glad I've been introduced!  I will certainly be buying/requesting more of these toys in the future!  This totally awesome drum set comes with 8 instruments, an adorable patterned strap, and is great quality.  I'm in love with B. toys.  The drum's tag says, "B. joyful B. fun B. shaky B. musical B. heard B. you".  Words to live by?  I think so.


What are your new favorites?

No comments: