September 18, 2009

An "I Can Do It" Day

http://archive.ccm.edu/Rosie/images/WeCanDoItPoster%5B1%5D.jpg

Today was an "I Can Do It" day. I'm not sure I've had many days like this, or if they've just gone without notice. As I woke up to my husband playing with our two-year-old and began nursing my three-month-old, I was overwhelmed with the many "To-Dos"of the day ahead.

However, as the day progressed, I found myself able to take on even more than was necessary, thriving with each new task I accomplished. Among the tasks I can recall: attending music class, buying paper products for a party this weekend, organizing the pantry, playing at the park, fighting for naps, four loads of laundry, three meals made, two baths given, and one phone call to a friend. Granted, not all of these should be considered lowly "tasks". Music class with my boys, a playdate at the park, and actually finding time to phone a friend at the end of the day are all wonderful accents to an ordinary day. Nonetheless, each "task" accomplished is a victory - every mom knows this!

Today was such a great day that I have decided to use today as my inspiration for all days to come! "Can I do it?....YES, I can!" A positive attitude to an overwhelming week, day, afternoon, or hour can surely help to get me through with a smile on my face and an extra hug for my beautiful boys!


No comments: