August 13, 2010

Howdy Tow-Mater

We celebrated my oldest son's third birthday tonight with my side of the family.  He doesn't turn three until next week (and believe me, I am not pushing it...I'm taking in every minute of this little man growing up too fast already).  My mom and sister (the creative ones) made the awesome Mater cakes (from Bakerella) in honor of my son's love for the movie Cars.

The cakes were so cute - almost too cute to eat.  I just hated to see them go away, since they were so adorable!  Both my mom and sis admitted the cakes were really easy to make...I didn't believe them.  But, in case you want to check it out, you can find the link to the Mater cakes here.



If you haven't perused Bakerella before, take a few minutes to see some of her other amazing creations!  Maybe you're feeling inspired for your next event???





2 comments:

Holly Peters said...

What! I can't believe Bennett is 1. How does that happen?!? The cakes are adorable, if only we had a boy in the family...everything is pink and princess around here :)

McCarthys said...

Thanks for putting this up, Jill! I was just going to email you to ask where the recipe was!! I'll have to figure out some allergen free version of the recipe!!