August 26, 2010

Thirty

I turned thirty.  It happened.  A few days ago.  Now what?

I'm not sure how I feel about thirty.

The feeling from my friends over thirty: "the thirties are the best years"
The feeling from my friends under thirty: "yikes! the big 3-0"

Regardless of my age, I have a feeling this is going to be my best year ever.  My family is growing and healthy, my marriage is stronger than ever, and I am feeling comfortable with who I am.

When I have a "yikes" moment about being thirty, I ask myself: "What age would I rather be?".

I can't think of any better age. 

I don't want to be 16 and have the stresses and worries of high school, driving, and popularity.
I don't want to be 20 and writing papers, taking tests, wondering what I will do with my life.
I don't want to be 25 and struggling through my first job, remodeling my first house, feeling like life as a "grown-up" is a let-down.

I want to be 30 and living in Eau Claire with my lovely little family, caring for my two adorable boys, doing ministry with my wonderful husband.  I want to be 30 and growing in my faith, creating new friendships, and spending time rejoicing in each new day.

Yes.  I turned thirty.  Let the fun begin.

1 comment:

LeahMarie said...

all i have to say to this post is "amen, sistah!!" i feel exactly the same way. :)