August 27, 2010

(Un)Crafty - Felt Letter Board


After some inspiration from my friend, Sarah, I made this felt letter board for my boys.  I made the first one a long time ago, but it was too small.  The alphabet and numbers barely fit.  So, I got a big bulletin board and re-made this one.  This is such an easy project and kids will love it!

Supplies you will need:

1. bulletin board or piece of plywood/mdf (mine is 24" x 36"), I think Target has the cheapest prices
2. 1 yd felt (I used a -40% coupon for JoAnn's)
3. foam bath letters (or you could cut you own letters/numbers), available at Target and Walmart
4. roll of velcro with adhesive backing (also at JoAnn's)

How to make:
1. cut the felt to the size of your board
2. staple felt to the back of your board, creating a nice tight wrap
3. apply velcro to the back of each letter (I applied two small pieces to each letter/number).
4. hang or place in your desired spot and let the kids learn and enjoy!

I'm hoping to hang this on the wall somewhere in the playspace, but I'm not sure where yet...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

such a great idea!! I am totally going to (try) and steal it... if I get around to it :)