August 6, 2010

Playroom Inspiration

As I mentioned before, I am getting a little obsessed with Bloggerdom.  I have located and am following several fun blogs - creating these "relationships" in the blog world...its interesting, no?  I'm not really sure if I'm excited about it or embarassed by it, but for now I'm enjoying learning, finding, and creating based on the talented bloggers I've "met".

One of the most inspirational for me has been finding room "re-dos".  Our house presents many challenges for our use of space with our growing family (and - let's just admit it - our running, jumping, whacking-everything-thing-with-a-stick boys!).  We don't have a playroom, but we have a "playspace", which we consider the playroom.  I wish I had a before photo, but right now, this is the state of the playspace:


The walls used to be lined with makeshift toy bins, each housing a mess of stuff.  
Yikes.  
This is much better.



The train table (given to us by friends-of friends) is a big deal - so much time is spend with the boys playing cars, trains, or whatever on that table!  And, of course, the basketball hoop: any excuse to throw a ball in this house is lots of fun!

A little display of art work...

Sanity.


Like I said above, we used to have many different bins housing many different types of toys all around the space.  Now, with our brilliant and cheap inexpensive shelf from IKEA, we house all the toys in one place on one wall.  Phew.

That brings me to playroom inspiration #1:

Emily (www.andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com) has the most adorable playroom.  Its actually the dining room in their house, but they've deemed it to be a playroom for now because they have four children.  Four kids = not much need for formal dining; huge need for playspace!  Check out her playroom by clicking here.

Cute, right?!  *So, in my room, I have the yarn artwork display (which I actually thought up on my own; pre-Emily!) and I'm hoping to have the little IKEA chalkboards (two for me) and the adorable IKEA playrug!  Eventually.

Now onto playroom inspiration #2:

Kate (www.centsationalgirl.com) has the most amazing room that is playroom/game room/lounge/guest bedroom.  Wow.  What a combo!  "How can it be done?", you ask...  Well, let me tell you that if anyone can do it, its Kate.  Check out this amazing room by clicking here.

I know!  I told you!  It's amazing!  *So, I'd really love to do the big map - only not that big (because my space doesn't allow...).  I think I'd like a bright, colorful kiddie map like the ones at Land of Nod.

That's all for now, but how about YOU, Mama??  Do you have any playroom inspirations, ideas for me, or questions???

1 comment:

emily anderson said...

so glad i could inspire! your room looks so great...