May 5, 2011

So little time...

Blogging seems to be taking a back seat these days...weeks...months.  I have lots worth sharing, but no time to share.  Most days, I don't sit at the computer at all - I check up on a few things via Blackberry, but that is all.  Its ok...I am working on me, working on organizing life, working on getting used to our new life, after the hiatus.

There are a few things going on now that the garage sale aftermath is over (ok, so there really wasn't that much aftermath, but it was a good excuse):

I'm feeling blue related to a number of things (depressed might be a strong word...don't worry mom).  For one: I'm still getting over the pain and sadness we have felt this year.  It seems like it should all the in the past, like a distant memory, but its not.  Its taking me some time to feel like I can trust the good in people again.  Its taking me some time to realize how much of the pain had my pride caught up in it.  Its taking me some time to feel connected enough to God to let go of the "injustice" we felt.  Clearly, I am still processing through it all - unable to quite put into words what I feel.  I think as long as I am actively working on it, I will make progress to feel whole again soon (or maybe not-so-soon).

More blue feelings come from the weather here in lovely Wisconsin.  Blah.  That pretty much describes it.  Spring will never come.  I have come to terms with that.  One nice day here and there.  That's about it.  I can't remember a time when I felt so seasonally affected.

Snow on April 1, 2011
In a climate where our warm weather months are short as is, its depressing when they become even shorter.  Let's face it: with kids, the weather is even a bigger deal, right mamas?  We gotta get outside to explore, learn, and just wear them out!


Command Central Binder from Simplify 101
I'm trying to get - and keep - the house organized.  Trying to put some systems in place so that with the sanity of our new life (hubby's new job), comes a sense of sanity around home, too.  I've been loving our command central binder and have been using it a lot!  Its a great way to start to get some paperwork organized.  I've been doing some filing, sorting and throwing out...it seems never-ending.  Kate over at Centsational Girl had a great post today that gave me some more motivation to keep the organization going.  I also love this idea for a message board that would go in my kitchen/dining area.  The ideas are never-ending...the project list is ever-growing...let's add it to the list.

My cute kids
I have kids...did I mention that?  Of course, they are the priority - all the time.  They keep my on my toes.  They are funny, cute, challenging, crazy, resilient, and wonderful.  I don't need to say much more, but because I am trying to be a better mom (we had lots of movie days before the hiatus, while I was in a "woe-is-me" state) and give them all the love and attention they deserve, and more.  It doesn't leave much time for chatting on the phone, emailing, and certainly not blogging.  I usually try to blog after bedtime or during nap time and I often do more than one blog post in a sitting, then schedule them to post on different days.  But, even that strategy hasn't been working lately.


No comments: