March 1, 2011

Laundry Room Reveal

Hopefully you aren't too excited about this post...it might let you down!  I have a dream for my laundry room that includes new paint, stacking my front-loaders, hanging new cabinets, adding some open shelves, a drop down drying rack and ironing board...the list goes on and on.

As you may remember in this post, I realized that with some organization and fun color I could revamp my laundry room!  So, five months later, I've finally made enough strides to share with you!  Let me be clear - this room is not exactly "shabby chic" - a little more like just "shabby".  But, its better than it was before and for me that's progress enough for now!


I Think I Canvas Mega Sorter from Land of Nod
This hamper was a hinge-pin in my laundry room.  I had a dilapidated hamper that was the bain of this room.  This hamper is a lifesaver because its great quality and it can serve a double purpose: once clothes are clean, I can load them up in here and easily deliver clean clothes around the house!

The labels used are the ones I mentioned in this post.

The labels on the outside of the cabinets are mostly for Hubby, so he doesn't have to ask "Where....?".  (Maybe.)

Instead of moving and adding shelves, I used an under-shelf basket for a little extra space.

This is my everyday cleaning basket.  Its used mainly for bathrooms, but can help out anywhere in the house.  Contents: disposable wipes, glass cleaner, all purpose cleaner, my magic cleaner, Mr. Clean Erasers, tootbrush, rubber gloves.  I used to use a large bucket full of supplies, but I wanted something that fit better in the cabinet, so I downsized to this Dollar Tree bin.  Because I couldn't fit everything I needed to clean the bathrooms into here, I put a small basket under the sink in each bathroom that includes: toilet cleaner, toilet brush (you can find small scale ones at dollar stores or IKEA), alka-seltzer (foir toilets), glass cleaner, 7th Generation Bathroom Cleaner, Mr. Clean Erasers, and rubber gloves.  I try to do some bathroom upkeep daily and having the cleaning supplies right under the sink helps.  Its also a great idea to work on cleaning the bathroom while your kids are in the bath!

Under the washer.


Dryer pedestal drawer.  If I stack my washer/dryer someday I might miss the pedestal drawers.  
Anyone have an opinion on that?

I made this little ditty last night since the little boy went to bed soooo early.  

That's all!  Hope you are inspired, mamas!

2 comments:

erickson family said...

so pretty!!! you are my organizational idol!

molliehogan said...

seriously the cutest laundry room ever. those labels are a good idea...my hubby would also benefit from those (or really i would because i wouldn't have to answer the "where is..." question all day.....in theory!)