March 14, 2011

Frenchy Brunch

This weekend I hosted my bible study girls for brunch.  I knew I wanted to serve french pastries and fresh fruit and keep the menu light.  As I was prepping on Saturday morning, I got the motivation to create a little french tablescape.  So... I pulled out my french tablecloth and scoured the house for some frenchy things.

These chalkboard coasters are one of my favorite things to use when hosting!  They were tile coasters that I just covered in chalkboard paint.  Now I use them for placecards, labels, etc.

The yellow tulips and lemons in my apothecary jar were the inspiration for the springy colors.

 Besides croissants, and pain au chocolats, nutella is the perfect addition to a french brunch!

(*I hope both Amy and Meredith are reading this...they share my french aficionado!)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

OHHH YES! I LOVE it! By the way...Steve got a wine of the month cub and the first wine we got tastes like France! It reminds me exactly of sitting under the Eiffel Tower with a charming picnic! I am ordering more bottles and will give you one!