March 9, 2011

Command Central Binder


Today is another snowy day...this winter has brought many days with unceasing snow!  Its a great excuse to stay inside and have some fun, rest up, and get some things accomplished.  Let me tell you...this messy house could use a "snow day" to stay in...


Messy house.  Ugh.  And I can't even show you our bedroom, the laundry, or the playspace.  Yikes!  But, let's be honest: what is really the point in cleaning up when you're just going to be inside with the kids all day?  Its just going to end up in the same condition.  Right??  Instead, I worked on a creating a Command Central Binder from Simplify101.com.  I found a link to a free mini-guide download on Just a Girl last week (I just checked and its still there!) and have been using the little bits of free time I have to begin collecting info for my very own binder.



I just followed the steps in the mini-guide and simply created a place for all our relevant, current information.  Since our children are so young (3 and 1), we don't have too many schedules, sports teams, or school notes to take care of.  Most of my supplies are just items I had around the house (except for the binder pockets for school newsletters and upcoming even invitations - both found at OfficeMax).

My binder is pretty simple with the following sections: family calendar, meal planning and menus, activities, preschool, church, and upcoming events.  The mini-guide even features a link to where you can purchase the supplies you may need.

I didn't have a basket or bin to hold my binder and supplies, so I used this desk organizer that was around the house.  We have post-its, pens, pencils, markers, scissors, envelopes, baby wipes, paper clips, rubber bands and a lint roller in this caddy.

Here it is, in its new home - hidden on the side of the fridge with a meal planning worksheet and corkboard.  Now, I'll just have to find a new place for my stand mixer.  :)


1 comment:

Meredith said...

i LOVE organizing...way to go girl!!!