July 30, 2011

Orange Yogurt Popsicles

Today is super hot so we are making popsicles!  I don't have a ZOKU (yet) but we do have these cool rocketpop molds from my cousin.  We've been using them for years and they are always a hit!  Of course, you can use just about anything to make popsicles - no fancy molds needed!

The boys were excited to help so we did our mixing on the floor (don't worry, I cleaned my floors yesterday...maybe that doesn't make you feel better).  The littlest boy was doing his "happy dance".

Usually, I just put anything in there: fruit, juice, yogurt, lemonade, pudding...whatever.  But today I looked at what I have available and I googled for "homemade oj and yogurt popsicles".  Here is the yummy and oh-so-easy recipe:

Orange Yogurt Popsicles from Cooks.com
6 oz. frozen oj (about 1/2 can)
1 pint plain yogurt (we used vanilla because its what we had on hand)
1-2 tsp vanilla (we used a little less since we had vanilla yogurt already)

Blend together well (by hand is ok) and pour into molds.  Freeze!


Can you say, "Dreamsicle"??


Waiting for the yummies to freeze is definitely the hardest part!

No comments: