January 6, 2012

I've got a feeling...

about 2012.

I've got a feeling that 2012 is going to be a great year.  The year we've been waiting for.

I think we were happy to put 2011 and all the roller coaster of events behind us.  A new year gives us the chance to start clean, start fresh, start over.  We started over fresh with a new life last March-April, but putting those numbers: 2-0-1-1 behind us feels good.

I've felt this way before...

I felt this way when I turned 30.  That year ended up being the toughest year yet.  But it wasn't all bad because it brought us to this place where we are now.  A good place.  A healthy place.  A place where we are supported and loved for who we are.  That terrible year made the rest of our life better.

So I'm thinking 2012 is going to be great.  We have a new ministry, a new life, new jobs, a new house, a new little baby girl who will join our family in just 8 short weeks.  But I'm prepared for this "great year" ahead to make us better again, to improve our character, to deepen our relationships, to grow us in ways that might not be easy.  But, I can still see that as great.  And, for that, I am thankful.

Happy 2012 to all you mamas and your loves.  I hope its a great year for you, too!

No comments: