April 19, 2011

Cake Box Cookies

Last week we made Cake Box Cookies.  I had seen the recipe in the back of Parents, but hadn't been privy to the recipe before.  My friend, Mollie, says these are amazing and fun and delish.  And let me tell you...she knows Delish (with a capital "D")!  For me, they have to be easy-peasy...and they are!  So simple and quick and yummy, too.

Ingredients:
Box cake mix of your choice
1 egg
1/3 cup of oil
1/3 cup of buttermilk

Whip it up and roll into 1-inch balls...
We rolled ours in some sprinkles.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Cool...

and enjoy!
I've been trying to find something my 3 year old likes because he isn't really into cake (and certainly not cake pops - "yuck, mom").  He really loved these cookies - maybe because they aren't too sweet.  I think I will try chocolate next...the yellow cake mix was ok, but not great...

Until I created this ice cream sandwich.  YUM.

No comments: