April 21, 2011

One Hour Alone

On Monday, my hubby took both of the boys for just one hour after work and before dinner.  I think he came home and the big boy was hanging from the rafters and the little boy was screaming bloody murder.  Not really.  But I think he could tell right away that it had been one of those days.  So, how awesome to have a whole hour to myself!  It was seriously a big deal.

"So," you ask, "what did I do with those whole hour to myself?!"  Well, get excited...

I cleaned the fridge, did laundry, and put our new oven liner in the clean oven.  Whew.  I know, pretty great stuff!  It was actually great because instead of having to fit each of those tasks around the needs of those I love, I did it without interruption and without the feeling of guilt for neglecting anyone!

I was inspired to clean and organize the fridge after I read this post of Megan's at Honey We're Home.  Cleaning the fridge is a gratifying, relatively easy task.  It does, however, take some undivided time and attention.  Thanks for the inspiration, Megan...I'm so happy with my organized fridge that I actually took a photo.  I'm weird.

Over the weekend, I ran the self-clean cycle on our oven (peeeeeewwwwww!).  So, my second task while the kids were out was to clean up all the ash inside the oven and clean around the doors, gaskets, etc.  Once I was finished it was so shiny!  My mom bought me this nonstick oven liner a while back, but I didn't want to start using it until I was sure the oven was so clean.

Doesn't it look so nice and shiny!  Now, with the oven liner, I can easily wipe up any spills on the bottom of the oven.  I'm hoping it will stay a little cleaner and fresh smelling!  The liner was a little too big for the bottom of my oven, but it was easy to cut-to-size.

The third task was laundry.  Blah.  Nothing exciting to share about that!  But it was so nice to have a little time - just an hour alone to accomplish a few things around the house!  Thanks, hubby!


No comments: